Tuesday 1 July 2014

Western Uplands Backpacking - Algonquin P.P.


  Quick backpacking trip in Algonquin, stayed at Panther Lake for one night.
  First time I was backpacking with a tripod, I wanted to try some low light pictures.




  On the way in I saw a big moose on a marsh and by the time I set up the tripod he was gone.
  At some point I was charged from behind by a grouse, and at first I couldn't believe my eyes. I could see it but I couldn't tell what it is. When I talked to her she just ran away through the bushes.

                               "The camp sentinel"
        
  At nightfall the birds and the frogs were very vocal but I had no trouble falling asleep. Early morning the concert started again.
  The way back was more of a race to me, got out in a record time. Mosquitoes were bad, especially this time of the year.

  I'll be back soon!
  Adrian




No comments:

Post a Comment